Looking for a step-by-step installation and activation guide of your AT&T Microcell? Call yourself lucky as we gear up to take you through the steps below to complete the setup and activate process at at&t.com/microcell-activate.
What Is an AT&T Microcell? Should You Need It?
For people with little knowledge of AT&T Microcell, the device is like a mini cell tower placed at your home, which connects to the already existing broadband Internet service.
The tower would improve the signal that would result in better performance. The signal range covers up to 40 ft. or about 5,000 sq. ft. from the base station in all directions. Whether it is about sending texts, voice call, or cellular data applications like picture messaging and web surfing.
If you think of creating a secure, strong, and sharable signal in your home, waste no more time in connecting the Microcell mini cell tower to your existing Internet service.
Things You Can Do with Your AT&T Microcell
The advantages of installing and activating an AT&T Microcell in your home include –
- It allows you to use up to 4 AT&T 3G or 4G phones or data sessions simultaneously.
- You can use the data and minutes from your current Wi-Fi plan.
- Its range reaches up to 40 feet in all directions (from the base of the device).
- You can use up to 15 active AT&T Prepaid (formerly GoPhone) or wireless numbers.
- It works with most broadband available on the market.
- The downstream stream is 1.5 mbps and the upstream speed is 256 kbps.
Note: If you are using satellite broadband, your AT&T Microcell device would be incompatible.
Step-by-Step Activation Procedure for AT&T Microcell at www.at&t.com/microcell-activate (att.com/microcell-activate)
Here are a few things to do before you get started with the process.
- Connect your Microcell to your Wi-Fi router. This will allow Microcell to establish an Internet connection.
- Place your Microcell upright and near your router. If you could place the device three feet near the window (not in a basement or closet).
- Once you find a suitable spot, grab the yellow Ethernet cable that came in the box with your Microcell.
- Plug one end into a free port on the Wi-Fi router and the other end to the yellow connector marked Ethernet on the microcell.
- Once you finish connecting the microcell to the router, connect the AC power adapter to the microcell and the power outlet.
- You are ready to activate.
Note: If online activation was completed for you by AT&T, you can skip the online activation process below. If not, simply go-ahead to complete the procedure, and enjoy using the service to the fullest.
Now that you are all set to complete the activation task at at&t.com/microcell-activate make sure you get your Microcell’s Serial Number handy. It should be mentioned on the device. Let’s check the remaining steps right away. Also, keep your AT&T access ID, username, or wireless phone number, and password ready beforehand.
- Visit or go to the official activation link – att.com/microcell-activate.
- On the microcell site, select the button that best describes the billing type. You can select “Personal” or “Business”.
- Choose “Personal” if you pay for your own bill.
- Or, choose “Business” if your company pays your wireless bill.
Note: The Business account login is slightly different. But once you logged in, the Microcell activation steps are exactly the same.