The 2nd-largest banking institution in the U.S., also one of the Big Four banking institutions (Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Bank of America) and the 8th-largest bank in the world, the Bank of America Corporation, referred to as Bank of America or BoA or BofA, services approx. 10.73% of all American bank deposits.
Want to simplify your life with a Bank of America credit card? If your answer is affirmative, this page will help you with everything you want to know about your BoA credit card – how to activate it at bankofamerica.com/activate, benefits, perks, and other details.
Bank of America offers a wide range of credit cards that simplify banking for busy lifestyles.
Things Required for Activating BOA Card
- A computer, tablet, or Smartphone.
- Internet to access a web browser.
- Bank of America credit card
- Your BOA online banking credentials. (Create one if you not yet enrolled in online banking)
- Last 4-digit of SSN.
- Credit card details (card number, expiry & CVV).
How to Enroll for Bank of America Online Banking?
To activate your Bank of America credit card, make sure you have an Online ID. If you are new to BOA Online and Mobile Banking, you must enroll first and activate your card. To register, follow the instructions provided below.
- Go to the Bank of America enrolment page – secure.bankofamerica.com/auth/enroll/enroll-entry.
- Enter our Card or Account Number (last six digits only) and Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax ID Number (TIN) in the prompted field.
- Next, click the Continue button.
- Fill in your email and select Send code. You will get a code to verify your identity.
- Fill in the authorization code and click Submit.
- Review and acknowledge the Electronic Disclosure and click Continue.
- Review and acknowledge the Online Banking Service Agreement and click Continue.
- Create your new Online ID and Passcode and select Continue.
- Select whether or not you would like BOA to remember the device you are using. If you are using a public computer, you should select No. Then, click Continue.
- Congratulations! You are now enrolled in Online Banking and ready to log in with your new Online ID and Passcode.
- Once you complete your login, it will direct you to your accounts overview page. You can use the same ID and Passcode to log in to the BOA Mobile Banking app.
When you have successfully enrolled for a Bank of America account, you can proceed with the activation process suggested below to activate your Bank of America credit card.
Ways to Activate Bank of America Credit Card
Activating your Bank of America credit card can’t get easier and simpler. It offers three ways to activate it.
- Visit bankofamerica.com/activate
- Use Mobile Application
- Using Credit Card Only.
Let’s learn each method carefully and make no mistakes.
Activate Bank of America Card at bankofamerica.com/activate
Here’s what you need to do to activate your BoA credit card using bankofamerica.com/activate –
- Launch your preferred browser and go to the BOA activation page – bankofamerica.com/activate.
- Click Sign in to Online Banking.
- Next, enter your Online ID and Passcode on the next screen and click the Sign In button.
- Once logged in, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the credit card activation process.
- After successful activation, you can start using your BOA credit card for making purchases and payments.
Activate Credit Card through Mobile App
Smartphone users can activate their BOA credit card by downloading and installing the Bank of America mobile application on their phones. The app is available for both Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Once downloaded, open the BoA app.
- Sign in to your account.
- Next, find the option to activate your card.
- Provide the required information such as your card number, SSN, and personal information (if prompted) to complete the activation process of your credit card.
Activate using the BOA Credit Card Only
If you cannot activate your credit card by following the aforementioned methods, you can consider completing the activation using the card only.
- Make sure you have the BOA credit card and PIN with you.
- Now, make a purchase using the card. When prompted, enter the PIN.
- Your BOA credit card is now activated successfully.
Benefits of Bank of America Credit Card
Some of the benefits of using a Band of America credit card are –
- Add your BoA credit card to a digital wallet for easier, simpler, faster, and more secure payment from your phone.
- Use your money wherever and whenever you need it.
- Also, avoid monthly bills, interest payments, and recurring fees.
- $0 Liability Guarantee
New Order or Replacement of Bank of America Credit Card
Whether you lost the card somewhere or you want to order a new BoA credit card, you will have two ways to get it – through the website and mobile device.
- Using Bank of America Website: Sign in to your Online Banking account and order a new card (or replacement). If you are not an online banking customer? Enroll in by following the steps provided above.
- Using Mobile Device: Get the app, sign in, and order a new card.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can access your account using Online Banking or Mobile Banking.
You can find your complete account number using the mobile app or online banking. Just log in and find your account number.
Go to the ATM & Financial Center Locator page to find a nearby financial center and operational timing.
Sign in to your Online Banking account to update your address anytime.
You can contact Bank of America customer support at 800 432 1000.