Not everyone manages to activate the HGB GO channel and watch their favorite shows. Although it doesn’t require someone to be a tech-savvy person, having the correct steps is important.
Below, we have brought to you not just the simple and easy steps but also some other handy tips that you should check out to complete the activation process with ease by using the link – hbogo.com/activate.
Things to Consider
Before you could connect and activate the streaming player, here are a few things to be ready with.
- HGB GO account
- Streaming device and account
- TV provider user ID and password
- High-speed internet
- Mobile phone or computer
How to Create an HBO Go Account?
One of the first things that you would require to stream the best of HBO Go content is to have an active HBO Go account. Take a sneak peek right here if you don’t have an account yet –
- Visit the official website of HBO Go.
- Choose your TV provider from the list.
- Upon asked, enter the credentials such as your name, email address, and password.
- Enter the unique HBO Go ID and click on the “Register” button.
The registration is done. Look for the streaming device that you want to activate the channel and stream shows.
Steps to Activate HBO GO on Roku using hbogo.com/activate
The steps to activate the HBO Go channel on your streaming device are simple to follow.
- Choose the streaming device that you want to stream HBO Go content.
- If it is a Roku device, complete the setup process. You must have a Roku account.
- Connect the device to the network.
- Step 4 requires you to “Add the Channel” to the device.
- Launch the recently added app by tapping on the channel icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the device.
- Receive a unique HBO Go channel activation code.
- Access the hbogo.com/activate page and enter the received activation code.
- Use the TV provider credentials to log in (if required).
- You are all set to watch the HBO Go channel.
Activate HBO GO on Android TV, Apple TV, Samsung TV, and LG TV
Do you have one of the above smart TVs at home? You must follow the steps furnished underneath –
- Launch the app and “Connect your provider account”.
- Stick to the on-screen instructions and get the activation code.
- Navigate to hbogola.com/activate on your computer.
- Enter the activation code if prompted.
- Select your service provider and enter the account credentials.
- You are ready to stream the HGO Go app on the smart TV.
Stay Entertained with 10 Most Popular HBO Shows
- The Art of Racing in the Rain
- Kids Are All Right
- The Wire
- Fight Club
- Lucy in the Sky
- The Outsider
- The Town
- True Blood
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
Current Status of HBO GO Channel
At present, the HBO Go platform is no more active. It has been decommissioned in America on 31st July 2020. Since then, HBO Go’s digital media player and mobile apps were removed from app stores.
Anyone who still got the app on their phone or on the streaming media player device wouldn’t be able to advance past its splash screen.