Launched in 1996 under the name Discovery Civilization Network: The World History and Geography Channel, the Investigation Discovery Go channel was one of the four digital cable companion networks.
Today, all leading American pay-TV provides a live stream of the Investigation Go channel concentrating on Crime documentaries. In addition, it offers on-demand Investigation Discovery programs.
ID GO also has a TV Everywhere channel app for various streaming devices like Roku, Smart TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, etc. So, if you are willing to avail this service, simply install the app on your streaming device and activate IDGO through idgo.com/activate.
Below, we bring you a plethora of information that you will find handy to carry out the activation process.
List of Compatible Devices
- Roku Players and TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xbox One
- iPhone 6 and above.
- iPad 4th Generation and above.
- Kindle Fire Tablet 7 and newer
Compatible Web Browsers
- Safari 12.1.2 (Mac 2016 and above)
- Firefox 47 and above
- Chrome Blink 51 and above
- Android WebView 70.0.3 Operating System and above.
Things Required for Activation
- Streaming device or Smart TV.
- Stable broadband connection with high-speed.
- A separate device (PC, Smartphone, Desktop, or Laptop).
- Participating TV Provider account details.
When you have considered these requirements for activation, you can follow the steps provided below to link the ID GO app to your streaming device/Smart TV.
STEP 1: Install ID GO App on Apple | Android | Roku | Fire TV
- Launch the Roku home screen and select the Streaming Channels option by scrolling down.
- Next, tap the Search option to find the ID GO – Stream Live TV app.
- Select the Add channel button to install the app on your Roku device.
- When installed, tap the Go to channel option to launch the app.
- Select Sign In from the welcome screen.
- You will get a unique code and activation link – idgo.com/activate.
- Keep this screen active while proceeding with the activation process (in STEP -2).
On Amazon Fire TV
- Tap the Find option on the home screen of your Fire TV.
- Search for the ID GO – Stream Live TV app.
- Press the Get option to download and install the app.
- After installation, press Open to launch the app.
- Next, select the Sign In option from the given menu.
- You will see a one-time code, activation URL, and instructions to activate your device.
- Follow the activation instructions provided in STEP-2.
On Android TV
- Navigate to Apps > Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- With the help of the Search option, find the ID GO – Stream Live TV app in the Play Store.
- Next, tap the Install button to add the app to your Android TV.
- Once added, press Open to launch the app.
- Then, click Sign In on the next screen.
- Your TV screen will display an authorization code, activation link – idgo.com/activate, and instructions to follow.
- You will now need to go through the activation instructions (provided in STEP 2). However, make sure you do not close this screen.
On Apple TV
- Access the App Store app on your Apple TV.
- In the App Store search box, type ID GO – Stream Live TV.
- Select the ID GO app from the search results and tap the Get button.
- Tap the Open option after installation to launch the app.
- A one-time unique code and the activation link will display on your TV screen.
- Hold onto this screen until you are done with the activation process prescribed below.
STEP-2: Enter Code to Activate ID GO App at idgo.com/activate
- Open a web browser on your computer or phone.
- Go to the ID GO activation page using the activation link – idgo.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and tap the Link TV Provider button.
- On the next screen, select your TV Provider from the given options.
- Next, sign in with your TV Provider account credentials.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- Your ID GO app is now active on your Streaming Device.
IDGO Activation Errors and Troubleshooting Steps
During the activation process, you can encounter issues that might interrupt you from carrying out the task smoothly. When you face any error, consider trying another browser. For example, use Chrome if you are using Safari or Firefox. You may also like to clear the browser caches/cookies. Once you are done with these steps, reboot the device. In most cases, following these basic workarounds should overcome the problems when activating the ID GO app.
Popular IDGO Programs
Some of the famous Investigation Discovery programs that have impressed its customers are –
|True Crime with Aphrodite Jones||House of Horrors: Kidnapped||The case that Hunts me|
|Breaking Homicide||Who the Hell did I marry||Redrum|
|Crimes of the Rich and Famous||Caught on camera: The Untold Stories||Wicked Attraction|
|Blood Relatives||Wives with Knives||Fear Thy Neighbor|
|Deadly Affairs||The Perfect Murder||Your Worst Nightmare|
|Fatal Vows||Swamp Murders||Deadline Crime with Tamron Hall|
|Unusual Suspects||Night Mare Next Door||People Magazine Investigates|
|Stalked Someones watching||Scorned Love Kills||The Murder Tapes|
|Evil Kin||See No Evil||Disappeared|
|On the Case with Paula Zahn||Evil Lives here||Hell House|
|American Monster||Deadly Women||Homicide Hunter|
|Bad Blood||Monster||Cry Wolfe|
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have recently updated your app to the latest version, you will need to populate “My List” with new series and episodes again.
Yes, ID GO apps have Closed Captioning for live and on-demand episodes.
Roku: Start a program > Press * on the Roku remote > Choose from the given options – On replay/On always/Off.
Apple TV: Launch a program > Swipe down on the Apple TV remote > go to the Subtitles option > Choose from Off/Auto/English CC.
Amazon Fire: Open a program > Press the “=” icon on the Fire TV remote > Click to go to the CC options > Press OK button on remote to enable Closed Captions.
Currently, you can only stream a selection of episodes and specials in Ultra HD on Fire TV and Apple TV. However, this service will also be available for other platforms soon.
Check your internet connection
Clear ID Go app cache.
Reboot your device and then relaunch the app.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.