You must access the authorized page – megamixer.com/activate if you would like to view Mixer content. Originally named Beam, Mixer was rebranded as it is known today because its earlier name was unavailable in all regions. A free video game streaming website, Mixer focuses on real-time influence and participation in game streams. It is owned by Microsoft and is in direct competition with the Twitch streaming service from Amazon, which offers viewers live broadcasts relating to video games.
megamixer.com/activate– Navigate to mixer.com to Stream Content from Your PC
On your PC, you can access the mixer.com page to get hold of “Featured Streams” (available on the Homepage).
- Go to the “Games” menu to sort streams.
- You may be prompted to log in with your Microsoft account.
- To log in, look in the top-right corner of the window. Click on the “Log In” button.
- Select the option “Log in with Your Microsoft Account”.
- Using your Microsoft credentials, you need to complete the log-in steps.
- Now that you are logged in, you should be able to see your MS account profile photo
You are all geared up to start broadcasting a Mixer stream. To do so, you must –
- Launch a game.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows button plus ‘G’ (preferably on Windows 10 PC).
- This will open the Game bar.
- Next, press the Broadcast button. This will allow you to select how you want your broadcast to look.
- Next, you may want to press the Start button to broadcast your game.
To access additional settings, visit the official website, i.e., megamixer.com. To access more detailed settings, select the Start button, go to “Settings”, select “Gaming”, and then “Broadcasting”.
How to Enable VoD (Video on Demand)?
To activate VoD or Video on Demand, make sure the “Keep recordings (VoDs) of my streams” option is enabled on your “Manage Channel” page. This should be done before your stream starts for Video on Demand.
- Launch your favorite browser and go to mixer.com.
- Use your login credentials to log in.
- Go to your profile and then navigate to your “Manage Channel” option in the menu.
- In the preferences menu, you need to select the “Keep recordings (VoDs) of my streams” button.
- Once enabled, you will be able to save content as a VoD.
After watching the content, you may delete saved VoDs by accessing your Manage Channel page.
Current Status of Mixer Streaming Service
At present, the Mixer Streaming Service was discontinued on 22nd July 2020. You can, however, continue streaming gameplay from your Xbox One using the Twitch app. People with active channel subscriptions will receive a promotional Xbox gift card credit of $5. This gift card will automatically be applied to their Microsoft account associated with their Mixer account.
Note: This offer was valid (must be spent) by 20th September 2020. For people with Mixer Pro subscriptions, they would have received promotional Xbox gift card credit of $15. This should be spent by 30th September 2020.
If you have saved VoDs, they would have expired. You can no longer access them to download. However, you can create a Facebook Gaming account (since you cannot use your Mixer sign-in credentials) to watch streamers who have moved to Facebook Gaming from Mixer.
For any technical assistance, you may like to reach out to certified technicians for instant help.