If you have heard the popularity of shows like Law & Order, SVU, This is Us, Saturday Night Live, etc., get the NBC app on your streaming device and activate it through nbc.com/activate. To activate the National Broadcasting Company app, you need to select your TV provider, enter the activation code, and click the Continue button.
The NBC application is available on many devices, including smart TVs, Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, streaming media players, and more.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple iOS
- Android phones and tablets.
- Samsung TV
- Xbox One
- Fire Tablet
- Vizio TV
Things Required for NBC Activation
- Broadband connection.
- A second device like a phone, pc, or tablet.
- Participating TV provider account details.
- Streaming device or Smart TV.
Let’s learn how to install & activate the NBC channel on your streaming device.
Steps to Activate NBC App on your Device at nbc.com/activate
- Download and install the NBC app on your streaming device.
- Launch the app to get the activation code on your TV screen.
- Open a compatible browser and visit nbc.com/activate.
- Enter the code displayed on your TV screen and click the CONTINUE button.
- Next, select your TV Provider and sign in using your account credentials.
- Complete the rest of the on-screen prompts (if any).
- You can now watch the NBC channel on your streaming device or smart TV.
Read the full article if you don’t know how to install the NBC app on your streaming device.
How to Download and Install NBC App on your Streaming Device?
NBC On Android TV
- Go to the Apps > Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- In the search field, type NBC.
- Select the app from the search results and tap the Install button.
- Once installed, press Open to launch the NBC app on your Android TV.
- Your screen will present you with a unique code and this activation URL – nbc.com/activate.
- Now, follow the activation instructions drafted above.
NBC On Fire TV
- Open the Find section on your Amazon Fire TV device.
- Search the NBC app in the Find section.
- Once found, tap Get to install the NBC app on Fire TV.
- After installation, press Open.
- You will see a one-time code and an activation link.
- Keep this screen active and follow the activation process.
NBC On Apple TV
- Launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Using the search option, find the NBC app and select it from the search results.
- Next, tap the Get button to install the app.
- When installed, tap Open to launch the NBC app on Apple TV.
- You will get a registration code and activation link nbc.com/activate on your TV screen.
- Now, move to the activation process and do not close this screen.
NBC On Roku
- Scroll and select the Streaming Channels option from your Roku device home menu.
- In the Streaming Channels section, select Search.
- Type NBC in the search field and confirm it.
- Then, select the NBC app from the search results and click Add channel.
- Once installed, press the Go to channel option to launch the app.
- A one-time authentication code, activation link, and instructions will display on your screen.
- Make sure to keep this screen alive while you follow the activation steps.
What if you Run into an Activation Error?
If you face any trouble while linking your TV provider account or activating your device to watch NBC. Here are some troubleshooting tips to eliminate such errors.
- Delete NBC App: If your NBC app is not providing an activation code, delete the app and reinstall it.
- Clear Cache or Cookies from Web Browser: When the activation is failing time, and again, we suggest you get rid of cache/ cookies from the web browser. Also, update your preferences in the browser’s menu or controls. It will help reduce storage-related issues.
- Switch to Incognito Mode or Try a Private Browser: Many users have expressed their satisfaction and have managed to fix the issues by switching their browser to private or incognito mode.
- Try another Web Browser: When nothing works, and you have no clue, maybe you should consider trying a different browser. If Firefox doesn’t work for you, try Chrome. If Chrome fails, try Safari.
Did you manage to get a solution? If not, contact your TV provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Currently, NBC does not allow users to change the email address associated with their NBC Profile. Therefore, you will need to create a new NBC Profile if you wish to use a different email address.
Yes, once you sign up for an NBC account, you may start receiving emails about exclusive offers or shows you watch. You can easily unsubscribe to such emails. However, you may still receive emails related to your NBC Profile.
If you have credits in your NBC account, you can use them to access locked episodes (one credit for each episode). Remember these credits do not expire and remain available to you on all your devices, as long as you are logged in with your NBC Profile.