Activate an Ooma Device Online at ooma.com /activate?
Named one of the fastest-growing private companies by Silicon Valley Business Journal, Ooma, Inc., simple Ooma, is known for offering communication services including VoIP calling for business, residence, mobile users. The company is based in Silicon Valley.
If you have got a new Ooma Telo device, you will need to activate your Ooma account first. You can activate it online at ooma.com/activate. The whole process would take 5 – 10 minutes.
Enter 7-Digit Code at ooma.com/activate to Complete Activation of Your Ooma Telo Device
The activation process would require you to provide a valid credit or debit card from the country from which you purchased the Ooma device. The details of your card must be linked to your “My Ooma” account. To begin the activation process, make sure you have these things ready with you –
- Your Ooma device
- A valid address (U.S. or Canada)
- A valid credit or debit card (U.S. or Canada)
The Ooma device activation process is a 5-step process –
- Activation Code
- Phone Number
- Contact Information
- Service Address
- Billing Information
Let’s get hold of the following steps to activate your Ooma device.
- On your computer, launch your regular browser.
- Type in the address bar “com/activate”.
- This will take you to the activation page where you would require the 7-character activation code. The code should be located at the bottom of your device.
- Enter the code in the given box, i.e. “Activation Code”.
- Press the “Next” button.
- Just stick to the online instructions and complete the remaining stages – Phone Number, Contact Information, Service Address, and Billing Information.
- You will be able to activate your device by the end of this process.
Can I Activate a Used Ooma Device?
Since you are talking about activating a used Ooma device, you must understand that the device was already activated for sure. All you have to do now is to update or activate it with your personal information. So, how to check whether your used Ooma device has previously been activated?
To check that, navigate to the activation page, i.e. ooma.com/activate. There, enter the activation code (you now know where to find the code). If it has already been activated, contact Ooma Customer Care to update your device information. You will need to pay a one-time re-activation fee. You can now enjoy a new two-month free trial added to your account.
Activation & Setup – How to Activate Ooma Telo Base Station?
- Activate Online: Here’s a rundown of steps to activate the Ooma Telo Base Station and set up the device.
- Check your Telo Base Station device and locate the activation code (7-digit).
- After that, you need to visit ooma.com/activate.
- Provide the code that you find at the bottom of your Ooma device.
- It will then guide you through selecting a phone number, registering your 911 address, adding billing information, and creating your ‘My Ooma Account’.
An email confirmation code will be sent to you. This marks the activation of your device.
- Connect to the Internet: It is time to set up the device and start using it. To begin the setup process –
- To connect the Internet port on the Telo, use the included Ethernet cable.
- Connect Phone: After connecting to the Internet, use the cord to connect it to the Phone port on the Base Station.
- Plug Base Station in: You must have been provided an AC adapter. This will help you connect the Power port on the Base Station to a wall outlet.
- Look at the Ooma logo – it should blink as the device is getting ready. You are advised not to unplug the Base Station when the device is upgrading.
- Pick up the phone when the logo turns solid blue. You will be able to hear the dial tone. This confirms that the device is now setup.
Refer to the above information/ steps if you have got a new or used Ooma device recently.