Launched in 1970, the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) Channel is a video app that facilitates your experiences of enjoying special shows and other entertaining content.
To watch PBS videos, you need to download and install the PBS app on your streaming devices, such as Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Samsung Smart TV, and activate it at pbs.org/activate via an activation code.
PBS Video App is available on –
- Android TV
- Roku Players and TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Samsung Smart TV (2017 models and later)
- Apple iPhone, iPad
- Android mobile, tablet
- Google Chromecast
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
PBS Device Activation Requirements
- PBS Account credentials.
- Stable wifi connection.
- A second device (PC, Laptop, Tablet, or Smartphone).
- Compatible streaming Device or Smart TV.
How to Create a PBS Account?
You must have an account with the Public Broadcasting Service to stream your favorite shows on your TV. Creating an account is compulsory to activate the app on any streaming device.
- Navigate to the PBS Sign-up page on your phone/pc browser.
- Enter your first name, last name, email, and password in the provided field and click the Register button.
- Next, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the sign-up process.
- Your new PBS account is now active.
After creating the PBS account, follow the below steps to activate the PBS app on your Streaming Device or Smart TV.
- Download & Install the PBS Video app on your device.
- Activate the PBS Video app at pbs.org/activate.
How to Download & Install PBS Video App?
- Open the Streaming Channels option on your Roku device.
- Next, select the Search option.
- In the search field, type PBS Video using the virtual keypad.
- Select the PBS Video app and tap the Add channel button.
- The app will begin installing on your Roku device.
- Tap Go to channel after installation to open the app.
- You will see a unique code, activation URL (pbs.org/activate), and instructions on your TV screen.
- Make sure you keep this screen open and follow the activation instructions provided below.
On Apple TV
- Launch the App Store app on your Apple TV.
- Find and select the PBS Video app in the App Store using the search option.
- Next, press the Get button to download and install the PBS app on Apple TV.
- Once installed, launch the app by tapping the Open option.
- Your Apple TV screen will display an authorization code and activation link – pbs.org/activate.
- Now, follow the activation process suggested below while leaving this screen as it is.
On Amazon Fire TV
- Select the Find option from the home menu of your Fire TV device.
- Using the virtual keypad in the Find section, locate and select the PBS Video app.
- Once located, tap the Get button to add the PBS app to your Fire TV.
- After installing the app, press Open.
- You will get a unique code and activation URL on your screen.
- Do not close this screen until you activate the device using the below instructions.
Activate PBS App at pbs.org/activate (Enter Activation Code)
- Open a browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Visit the PBS Video activation link – pbs.org/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the given field and click the Continue button.
- Sign in using your PBS account credentials (if prompted).
- Next, follow the on-screen prompts (if any) to complete the activation process.
- The PBS app is now active on your relevant Streaming Device/Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the drop-down box on the right side of the Episodes section of a show. You will see the different seasons for that show. You can select a different season from the list and watch available videos for that season.
The resume feature on the PBS Video app allows you to return to a video and continue watching from where you last left off.
Compatible Desktop Browsers: Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox
Mobile Devices: Android 2.3, Android 4+, and Apple iOS
Connection Speed: Broadband Required (Minimum bandwidth speed of 500kbps)
Compatible Streaming Devices: Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku, Vizio SmartCast TV, and Samsung Smart TV.
You can easily search for videos in PBS app by entering the keyword or browsing through the different categories available.
Below are the possible reasons due to which you might not be able to find a video:
– Video is listed under a different title.
– Consider entering fewer words in the search field.
– The video is yet to be aired on PBS.
– PBS does not have the rights to that video.