While the invention of COVID vaccines has brought smiles to millions, many parents are still apprehensive about sending their kids outside to play. So instead, they prefer spending quality time with them by watching their favorite shows on the PBS Kids app.
Thankfully, the advancement and competitive nature of the industry has resulted in bringing together streaming devices, video apps, and pay-TVs.
If you have a smart TV at home and a high-speed Internet connection, you can stream your favorite movies, videos, and shows through streaming devices.
Having the PBS KIDS Video app installed on the streaming device and activated using the pbskids.org/activate link, you can have a whale of a time with your lovely little champ.
PBS Kids App Supported Device
- Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire Stick
- Android mobile, tablet, and Android TV
- Samsung Smart TV (2017 models and later)
- Roku Players and TV
- Apple iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- VIZIO SmartCast TV
Requirements for PBS Kids App Activation
- High-speed broadband connection.
- Separate device (Smartphone, Tablet, Computer, or Laptop).
- A Streaming device, Smart TV, or Gaming Console.
- PBS Kids account login credentials.
How to Create a PBS Kids Account?
As you may be prompted to sign in to your PBS Kids account during the activation process, make sure you have a PBS Kids account. If you don’t have it yet, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open PBS Kids sign-up page on your phone or computer browser.
- Provide the required information, such as your email address, username, and password.
- Next, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the sign-up process for PBS Kids account.
- You have successfully created a new PBS Kids account.
After ensuring that you meet all the activation requirements to link PBS Kids app to your streaming devices, you will need to install the PBS Kids app from your streaming device’s application store and activate it by visiting pbskids.org/activate.
Steps to Activate PBS Kids app at pbskids.org/activate
- First, download & install the PBS Kids app on your streaming device.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to get an activation code.
- Open a browser on a separate device and visit the PBS Kids activation page – pbskids.org/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the prompted field and click the Continue button.
- Next, sign in using your PBS Kids account credentials (if prompted).
- The PBS Kids app is now active on your streaming device or Smart TV.
How to Download and Install PBS Kids App on Streaming Device?
Install PBS Kids on Roku
- From the Home menu of your Roku device, scroll down to select the Streaming Channels option.
- In the Streaming Channels section, select the Search option.
- Look for the PBS Kids app in the Search section and select it when found.
- Press the Add channel button to download and install the app.
- Post-installation, tap the Go to channel to open the app.
- You will see a one-time registration code and activation link – pbskids.org/activate.
- Keep this screen open and complete the above steps to link your device.
Install PBS Kids on Amazon Fire TV
- Go to the Find section on your Fire TV from the main screen.
- Search for the PBS Kids app in the Find section.
- Press the Get button to begin the installation.
- Next, tap Open to launch the PBS Kids app on Fire TV.
- A one-time code and activation link – pbskids.org/activate will display on the screen.
- Now, follow the activation instructions provided above.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily solve such issues by updating the PB Kids app on your streaming device.
Click on the link in your email or copy the URL into your browser’s address bar. If the link is of two or more lines, then copy and paste each line into your browser’s address bar to make one complete string. Also, ensure that the e-card was not sent to you more than 14 days ago; otherwise, it will expire and won’t be accessible.
The live streaming service is unavailable on OTT platforms because OTT technologies currently do not support this type of integration. However, once these technologies evolve, the service will be available on OTT.
A linear service is where content is scheduled. The programs are arranged in specific order and broadcast in that sequence.
Closed Captioning is a visual display of the audio portion of video programming. It allows viewers who are deaf or hard of hearing to enjoy programming. PBS Kids channel supports closed captioning.
Some of the most popular kids programs on PBS KIDS are –
SID the Science KID, SciGirls, ODD SQUAD, Nature CAT, The Ruff Ruffman Show, Ready Jet Go, Martha Speaks, Cyberchase, Arthur, Curious George, Design Squad Nation, Molly of Denali, Oh Noah, Wild Kratts, and Splash and Bubbles.