If you want to watch hit TV shows, movies from LIONSGATE, Warner Brothers, Crackle, and MGM, plus 200+ channels of live TV, and more, without a subscription, connect the Plex Media Service to your TV via plex.tv/link.
One of the leading streaming media services, Plex from Plex, Inc., is a client-server media player that lets you watch your favorite from any device.
The best part?
It has a massive collection of movies, TV shows, and live TV channels, ranging from food to kids and international content. In addition, Plex lets you enjoy channels like Financial Times, CBS, Euronews, and other 190 global publishing partners, anytime and anywhere.
What is PMS?
PMS (Plex Media Server) offers a user-friendly way of keeping or loading media files in one place. Given that you have lots of locally-saved media and digital movies on your computer, Plex is regarded to be the ideal media server app you can ask for.
It becomes pretty easier to access the content from any device, including smart TVs or streaming devices.
You can connect your TV with the Plex Media Server using plex.tv/link and start streaming your collection alongside stellar streaming content.
Besides, you get to enjoy Live TV & DVR in one single app, irrespective of any device.
Devices Compatible with Plex TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Smart TVs from LG, Samsung, VIDAA, Vizio, Hisense
- Portal from Facebook
- Android Mobile device including Android Auto
- iOS mobile devices
- Plex for Windows and macOS
Things to Consider for Activation
Certain prerequisites are essential to gather/consider before following the activation process of the Plex TV app at plex.tv/link. Therefore, make sure to check the following.
You Must Have:
- High-speed internet connection (wired or wireless).
- Streaming device – Apple, Android, Roku, or Amazon Fire TV.
- An additional device like a Smartphone, Computer, or Tablet.
- A Plex TV account.
- Connect both your streaming and additional device to the internet.
- Your streaming device/Smart TV is running with the latest updates.
- You have your Plex TV account username and password. If not, recover/reset them beforehand.
- Follow the sign-up process provided below if you don’t have a Plex TV account.
How to Sign Up for Plex TV Account?
To activate the Plex TV app at plex.tv/link on your desired streaming device, you must have an active Plex TV account. Although you can create a Plex TV account during the activation process, follow these instructions if you wish to create it in advance.
- Open a browser on your phone or computer and visit the Plex TV Sign up page – www.plex.tv/sign-up.
- Select the Continue with Google/Facebook/Apple option on the next screen.
- Alternatively, you can enter any other email address.
- Next, enter the desired password (minimum eight characters) and click on the Create an Account button.
- Your new Plex TV account is now active.
Once you create your Plex TV account, you can follow the activation guide provided below. The following steps will instruct you on:
- How to download and Install the Plex TV app on Apple, Android, Roku, and Fire TV?
- How to activate the Plex TV using plex.tv/link?
Steps to Download and Install the Plex TV App
On Roku Streaming Player or TV
- Select the Streaming Channels option from the main screen of your Roku device.
- Next, tap on the Search channel/Search option.
- Using the search option, find and select the Plex TV application.
- Then, tap the Add channel button to download and install the app.
- You will see a “Channel added” prompt post successful installation.
- Press the OK button.
- Launch the Plex TV app by pressing the Go to channel option.
- Tap the Sign In button on the welcome screen.
- A 4-character code and an activation link (plex.tv/link) will display.
- While keeping this screen as it is, follow the activation process provided ahead.
On Amazon Fire TV Stick or Fire TV
- Go to the Find section from your Fire TV home menu.
- In the Find section, locate and select the Plex TV app.
- Next, press the Get button to add the application to your Fire TV device.
- Once installed, tap the Open button to launch the app.
- Then, click on the Sign In option to receive a 4-character linking code and activation URL – plex.tv/link.
- Leave this screen as it is and follow the instructions below for the activation process.
On Apple TV
- Access the App Store on your Apple TV.
- In the App Store section, search and select the Plex TV app.
- Tap the Get button to install the Plex TV app on your Apple TV.
- After installation, press the Open option to launch the app.
- Next, select the Sign In option if you already have an account. Otherwise, select the “Get started at plex.tv/sign-up” option and follow the on-screen prompts to create an account.
- You should see a 4-character code and this activation link (plex.tv/link) on the next screen.
- Once you have the code, follow the activation instructions provided below.
On Android TV
- From your Android TV main screen, select the Apps option.
- Tap on the Google Play Store app under the Apps section.
- In the Play Store app, use the search option or browse manually to find the Plex TV app.
- Select the Plex TV app from the search results and tap the Install button.
- The app will begin to download and install on your Android TV.
- Post-installation, tap the Open option to launch the app.
- Select the Sign-in option on the next screen.
- You will see a 4-character code and an activation link – plex.tv/link.
- Now, keep this screen active and proceed with the steps provided below.
Enter Code to Activate Plex TV App at plex.tv/link
Now, after installing the Plex TV app on your desired streaming device, proceed with the following steps to complete the activation process.
- Launch a browser on your additional device and open the Plex TV activation URL – plex.tv/link.
- If you aren’t logged in to your Plex TV account already, sign in using your login credentials.
- Once logged in, enter the plex.tv link code displayed on your TV screen in the provided field and click the Link button.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the linking process.
- You can then return to your streaming device screen and start making the most of the Plex TV app.
Troubleshooting Tips When plex.tv link code Not Working
In the past, many users have reported the activation failure that stopped them from linking their Plex account with a streaming device. Some of the reasons why plex.tv link code fails to work on your device –
- Outdated PMS (Plex Media Server)
- Plex servers are down.
If you are also experiencing this issue, below are the top tips to fix the problem –
Update Plex App – Go to the download page and update the Plex Media Server by choosing the right platform that you use (Mac, Windows, Linux, etc.).
Sign out from Plex Account:
If you are signed in to the Plex Media Server through your Plex account, you may face this issue. In such cases, it is suggested to sign out of your Plex account (app and PMS).
Connect Devices to the Internet:
Ensure that your Plex app and the PMS are connected to the internet. You can change the settings by navigating to Settings > Server > Network.
FAQs – plex.tv/link
If you cannot find some of your content on the Plex TV app, the possible reason is naming. The scanners of Plex TV are usually robust and perform a great job even when the content doesn’t follow the ideal naming suggested. However, sometimes scanners may need some manual assistance for naming and organizing the content in good order.
Generally, it is recommended to have Windows, Mac, or Linux to run Plex Media Server.
There are two ways to delete something from your Plex TV library:
– Delete the item from where you store your content and update your Library.
– Remove the item using the Plex app. Make sure the option to delete is enabled.
Video Preview Thumbnails (or media index files or BIF index files) are generally a series of low-resolution images from a media item. These images come in handy when you move forward or back in the app having the timeline scrubber.