Roku media players, developed and designed by Roku, Inc., are enjoying enormous popularity as they offer instant and hassle-free access to streaming media content from various online sources. The first Roku device was introduced in the market in collaboration with Netflix in the year 2008. Since then there’s no looking back for the company. It continues to manufacture new devices that have massively been considered influential on the digital media market. If you have recently got a Roku Streaming Player, Roku TV, or Roku device, it should be linked to your Roku account before you could complete the activation process at roku-com-link activate or roku.com/link or my.roku.com/link.
Why Should You Have a Roku Account?
Want to access a great selection or range of music, TV shows, movies, series, and other popular video content? A Roku account allows you to access them all from the Roku Channel Store. Your Roku account further stores what channels you have installed and the Roku streaming devices you have. Go to the Settings to know your preferences as well. To manage and receive account notifications from Roku, make sure your Roku account boasts a valid email ID and a strong, secure password.
How to Create a Roku Account?
Creating a Roku account is free of cost and there’s no additional charge for device activation. Here’s how you can create your Roku account –
- Visit the official website of Roku and navigate to the sign-up page (Or, you can just click here to go to the sign-up page.)
- Follow the on-screen prompts, enter details like your First Name, Last Name, Email, and
- Check the boxes –
- I am 18 years or older.
- Email me product tips, the latest releases, hot new channels, and customer-exclusive discounts. (I can always opt-out later)
- I’m not a robot
- Now, click on the “Continue” button
Got your Roku account ready? Simply sign in and activate your device to access entertainment across thousands of streaming channels.
How to Activate Roku Device using roku-com-link activate or roku.com/link or my.roku.com/link?
Follow the steps below to activate your Roku device –
- Turn on your Roku device.
Note: It is always suggested to follow the Quick Start Guide that comes along with the device. For additional help, you may like to check this link out.
- Now, connect your device to the Internet. You may encounter new software. Download the same if prompted.
- Note down the displayed code and navigate to the roku.com/link using your mobile phone or computer.
Note: Make sure you are not directed to any fraudulent websites.
- Here, you will have to enter the code and click on the “Submit” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Your Roku device will be ready to use.
Note: Not completing all the required steps given on the official Roku website will result in error and your device will not be activated.
Resolve Issues While Activating Roku Device
Did you run into an error while activating your Roku device? Don’t panic! You can just enter the code again and see what happens. If it fails to bring a solution, go back to your Roku, use your Roku remote, and press the “Star” button. It will instantly prompt you with “Get a new code”. Tap on it to receive a new code. Now, go to the activation link and enter the code. It should work this time.