3 Ways to Activate Sprint Phone New or Replacement
If you have got a new Sprint phone and are excited to use it, you must take a pause and think about activating the new device at http://www.sprint.com/activate first.
Only after activating the device, you will be able to use it. The entire activation procedure is explained in this guide. The steps or information discussed in this blog will also be applicable if you wish to switch a device.
Although the procedure is quite simple and straightforward, you must keep a few things in mind to avoid any unprecedented events.
- Make sure that the battery of the device is fully charged.
- Since you are activating the new device, you will need certain information for which you must keep the box handy.
- You must have a Sprint account because only an account holder can make changes to the account and complete the process successfully.
- Stay signed in to “My Sprint”. (Create one if you don’t have one.)
Activate Your New Sprint Phone or Device at sprint.com/activate
To activate your new Sprint device, you must follow three important steps –
- First Step: Preparing to Activate
- Second Step: Activating a Replacement Phone
- Third Step: Activating a New Phone
Let’s get started with the process –
#1 Preparing to Activate – Are You All Set to Activate Your New Sprint Device?
You can’t just start the activation process out of blue. There are certain rules to be followed and we have got them here.
- Create an Account for Your Phone (Android or iPhone): To begin with, you must ensure you have an account for your iOS or Android phone if you wish to switch over to them. If it is an Android smartphone, create a Gmail account. If it is an Apple device, create an iCloud account. Make sure you have created an account before you start the process.
- Get Your SIM Card from Your Old Phone Out: Don’t want to change your phone number? Well, you have got to remove your SIM card from your old mobile phone.
- Take Back-Up: This is an important step and shouldn’t be overlooked if you don’t want to lose some crucial data. When you are all set to replace a new phone with an old one, you would like to restore all the information from your old device to the new one. Backing up your data is always a great idea because you never know when you need the information that you might have lost.
- Take Note of IMEI or MEID Number: Check the manual of your new phone or simply dial *#06# and find the IMEI or MEID number. iPhone users can get the number by navigating to the Settings app > About.
- Disable iMessage of your iPhone If Switching to Android Device: iPhone users must turn off or disable iMessage before they start using their Android phone. The steps are easy –
- Go to “Settings”
- Look for “Message” (scroll down and tap).
- Tap the “iMessage” switch.
- That’s it!
#2 Activating a Replacement Phone – When You Want to Activate a Replacement Device
To carry out this task, power down the old phone, and take out the old phone’s SIM card. Once you have got it out, install it on your new phone. (If you wish to continue with a new SIM card, you don’t have to do this.) Make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Now, go to the official web portal, i.e. sprint.com/activate using your computer.
- Click on the “Sign in to activate” button.
- Enter the credentials – username and password and click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, you will be directed to the Spring Account page.
- Scroll down to find your phone in the section “About my devices”.
- From the drop-down box, click on the “Activate a new phone” option.
- Enter your new phone’s serial number.
- Next, stick to the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
#3 How to Activate a New Phone
You got a new phone and wish to activate it; you must get the serial number and IMEI or MEID number of your new device (one the package). From a different phone, you can reach out to Sprint customer care to speak to a representative. Once connected, ask the authorized person to activate your phone. Follow what you are advised to do and complete the process.
Once your phone is activated, turn it on. You are now good to go with the new device.
Activate Sprint At Sprint.Com/Activate On Another Device
If you are looking to activate Sprint services on another device at sprint.com/activate, you will need to follow the information provided below.
- Before following the steps below, you will need to make sure that your phone is unlocked. In case you are not sure whether your phone is unlocked and ready to use on the Sprint network, you can call your current carrier to check.
- Next, you will need to make sure that your phone is compatible. As Sprint is known for using a unique ID number of your phone to ensure the quality of their network, you will need to check the compatibility of your phone with their service here (https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone#imeiextender).
- Then, you will need to buy a Sprint SIM card and choose the desired plan. As you will need to have a SIM card to use your phone with the Sprint network, you will need to buy a SIM card and choose a plan.
- After buying a SIM card and choosing the desired plan, you will need to make sure that you back up your personal data & phone number. To know how to back up your phone, visit here (https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/how-to-do-a-content-transfer?icid=WMD_TMNG_P_HOWSWTTMO_AZOARHVVQ87WXLTT018049).
- In order to check the compatibility with the IMEI of your phone, you can either dial *#06# on your phone, or you can also visit the “Check compatibility with your phone’s IMEI section”here (https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone?src=spr&rdpage=en%2Flandings%2Fbring-your-own-phone) and enter your IMEI in the provided field. Then, press the Check phone button to verify the compatibility.
- Once you are done following these steps, you will need to go to the sprint.com/activate page and press the Get Started button under “Haven’t started the Bring Your Own Device process yet?”
- After that, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Activate Hulu Using sprint.com
As Sprint customers are eligible to access Hulu with their unlimited plans, you can easily watch the content available on Hulu using Sprint. To know how to activate Hulu using sprint.com, follow these steps.
- Firstly, you will need to click or tap on the Activate Now button on the activation page (https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/hulu.html#:~:text=Login%20to%20your%20sprint.com,subscription%20and%20all%20its%20benefits.)
- Next, you will need to sign into your Sprint account using the login credentials you created earlier.
- Once you are logged in, you will need to select the phone on which you wish to enjoy Hulu. For this, you will need to click Change service add-ons and select the Hulu
- Then, you will simply need to complete the registration process. You will be provided a text message. Navigate to the link provided on your phone and complete the account configuration.
Using Sprint Hotspot
- To begin with, you will need to ensure that you have wireless hotspot data. If you are using a limited Sprint plan, your hotspot data will be consumed from your monthly data plan.
- Next, you will need to ensure that you have the service allowed on your phone.
- Then, you will need to turn on your Wi-Fi hotspot on your phone. For this, you will need to go to Settings > Cellular > Tap the slider next to Cellular Data > Personal Hotspot and select the slider next to Allow Others to Join option > Customize your hotspot Wi-Fi with a password.
- After that, simply connect your Wi-Fi hotspot to your desired device.
Activate Sprint on sprint.com/activate Using Tablet
- Before getting started, make sure SDC Plus (Sprint Direct Connect Plus) service is added to your account.
- In case SMS blocking is enabled, you will need to remove the SMS restriction until SDC Plus is enabled on the device. Once active, you can re-enable the SMS blocking.
- Now to activate, you will need to search for the SDC Plus app in the Google Play Store and install it on your tablet.
- Then, launch the app and tap ALLOW when prompted for the following permissions:
- Record audio
- Access the devices location
- Access contacts
- Make and Manage phone calls
- View SMS messages
- Select the Yes option when you see the prompt at the Ignore battery optimizations. You will then be provided the End User License Agreement (EULA) Read and accept the EULA to activate SDC Plus on the device.
- Then, you will need to scroll down and tap on the Check Mark option to accept the EULA.
- After that, the tablet will try to contact the server. You will see the “Activation required to use Sprint Direct Connect Plus service. Activate now?” message.
- Here, you will need to tap on theYesoption to activate. Doing so will display a message on your screen where you will be requested for an activation code provided by the customer corporate administrator. You can find this code in the email associated with the account in the CAT tool.
- After that, you will need to enter the Activation Code, confirm it, and you are done.
Activate Sprint Prepaid on sprint.com/activate
- Firstly, you will need to open a web browser on your computer or phone and go to the sprint.com/activate page.
- Once you are on the activation page, you will need to click on the Get Started
- Then, you will need to sign in to My Sprint using your username and password.
- After that, you will simply need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.