How to Activate OWN TV on Roku
If you are looking for information about activating Watch OWN TV, you have reached the right spot. In this blog, we will not only talk about the tips and steps to activate Watch OWN TV via start.watchown.tv/activate but also discuss its other features.
Compatible Devices for Watch Own
The Watch OWN app can be installed on a wide range of devices. You should find your favorite device listed here – Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, Android, iOS, and more. Use watchown.tv on your computer to watch your favorite shows.
Cable TV Providers for Watch OWN Channel
Following are the TV providers that support Watch OWN –
- AT&T Uverse
- Dish Network
- DirecTV and more
Activate OWN TV on Roku using start.watchown.tv/activate
To activate Watch OWN TV, you must access the link start.watchown.tv/activate. Here are the steps to follow –
- Follow the guidelines on the streaming device to get an activation code.
- Access the link and enter the activation code.
- Make sure your device or computer is connected to the Internet.
You can now start watching your favorite shows including Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s, Greenleaf, SuperSoul Sunday, and If Loving You Is Wrong.
If you are a Roku user, you can download OWN on the Streaming device and activate it.
- Go to the Roku channel store and find the OWN TV app.
- After finding it, download the app by clicking the “Add channel” tab.
- Press the “OK” button. This will initiate the installation process on the Roku Streaming device.
- Now, go back to the Home Screen.
- Here, you will see the app listed there.
- Open the app and receive the activation code on the TV screen.
- Take note of the Watch OWN activation code and complete the activation process at start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Log in with your pay-TV provider.
- From the list, select the TV provider and click it.
- Enter the code in the desired box and tap the “Activate” or “Submit” button.
Once activated, you can stream Watch OWN on your Roku device without any interruption.
- The Watch OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) app allows you to stream full episodes.
- You must have a participating TV provider.
If you don’t have a pay-TV provider, you, still, can stream Watch OWN. Here’s how you can stream the content.
List of Technical Issues and Their Solutions
Some of the common issues and their solutions are mentioned below. Take a look –
- Watch OWN App Won’t Load: Sometimes you may have to face it. When the app is not loading or it quits unexpectedly, simply delete the app and reinstall it. This should fix the ongoing issues.
- Video Keeps Freezing: If you are watching over your cell service, the video will freeze, the screen might turn black, or the display will look fuzzy. The solution to this problem is to get yourself connected to a wireless network.
- Connected to Wi-Fi. Still, Issues: If you are still facing issues, blame the speed of your network. Make sure the device is close to the router.
What Is Watch OWN TV? An Introduction to OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network)
OWN, Oprah Winfrey Network, is an American multinational basic cable TV channel handled by Discovery Inc. and Harpo Studios.
This is a TV Everywhere app comprised of lifestyle and entertainment shows offering talk shows from the Harpo Studios. It also airs shows targeting the Afro-American audience.
As of February 2015, the Oprah Winfrey Network is available to 70.3% of households with TV in America (approx. 81.9 million pay-TV households).
If you want to watch Oprah Winfrey’s talk shows, get the app downloaded and installed on your device including Roku. Binge-watch all of your favorite shows with Watch OWN. The app will allow you to watch full episodes and live streams from OWN on the web (in HD). You can download the app from Google Play for free to watch on your mobile phones. You can also watch OWN on Apple TV. Whether you watch it on Roku or any other device, you need to log in with your TV provider.