If you own a Ford vehicle, it is time to get yourself acquainted with Ford Sync. Stylized as Ford SYNC, Ford Sync is a factory-installed, integrated in-vehicle communication and entertainment system that allows you to control music, make hands-free telephone calls, and perform a wide range of functions with the use of voice commands. Well, to ensure you can accomplish all these, you must set up and activate Ford Sync at www.syncmyride.com/activate.
Syncmyride.com/activate – Knowing Your Vehicle and Download FordPass App
Did you know that your car may be equipped to allow you to remotely activate certain features like the ability to remote start your engine and climate control as well as locking and unlocking doors? If you are driving a Ford vehicle, you are blessed to have these incredible features. So, how are you going to use these features?
All you need is the available FordPass Connect, a compatible smartphone, and FordPass.
- The first thing you will need to do is to download FordPass from the App Store (for iOS users) or Google Play (for Android users) and accept the terms and conditions. (If you already have a Ford Owner account, you can log in using your username and password. Don’t have an account yet? Visit the Ford website (syncmyride.com/activate) and create one. Click here to access the direct link to sign in or create an account.)
- To create an account, click on the “Create an Account” button. It will take you to another page where you must enter your Email Address, Verify your Email, and Create Password. Once you have your username and password ready, sign in to your Ford account. Through the FordPass App, you can create a FordOwner account. You will need some basic information and a four-digit PIN.
- If you have a FordPass Connect-equipped vehicle, you will receive a pop-up.
- The pop-up would prompt you to connect your vehicle.
- Now, you need to swipe left to ‘Add’. (If you wish to add a second car, you must press the “ADD VEHICLE” option from the home screen.)
- Next, you have got to scan the VIN bar code by selecting the camera icon and point your phone’s camera to the VIN label located on your vehicle driver’s doorsill.
- A “Vehicle found!” screen will appear that would prompt you to press Get Started.
- The next screen will direct you to activate FordPass Connect by pressing the button “Activate Vehicle”.
- You will now go to your vehicle and start it. A pop-up screen will appear on the SYNC3 touch screen.
- You will have two options – “Allow” and “Deny”.
- Tap the “Allow” button as it would allow you to continue. (“Your name has requested to be the Ford Owner account owner for this vehicle. Select Allow to enable the full set of Ford Owner features which includes vehicle location and other information.”)
Note: Failing to touch or tap the ‘Allow’ button will prevent you from gaining access to remote features. Not just that, it will prompt you to reactivate from the beginning, which is a time-consuming process.
- After a short period, all remote features can be accessed from your smartphone’s FordPadd home screen.
That’s it! You have completed the setup and activation process. You can now lock or unlock the doors of your vehicle from anywhere, remotely start your vehicle, and gain access to the climate control system.