Do you love watching movies but don’t know where to find them? No worries! You can track your favorite films on leading streaming services like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, and iTunes by integrating Trakt on your streaming device via trakt.tv/activate.
Trakt is not a streaming service. Instead, it is a unique platform that helps you find movies and shows when the Trakt plug-in is integrated with the media center or home theater. Once synced, it will help track what you watch on Plex, Kodi, and other media services.
Want to use Trakt? Check this guide to learn how to activate the plugin across various streaming devices.
List of Supported Devices
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, TV, Mac, Watch)
- Amazon Fire TV
- Windows Phone
Things Required to Activate Trakt TV
- High-speed internet connection (wired or wireless).
- Trakt.TV account.
- Kodi app installed on your streaming device.
- Exodus add-on installed on Kodi
- Amazon Fire TV device
- A second device (phone, pc, laptop, or tablet).
How to Create a New trakt TV Account?
Before you try to activate the Trakt TV on various devices (or add-ons) like Kodi, Amazon Fire TV, Exodus, etc., it is important to have a trakt.tv account. You can skip to the activation part if you already have a Trakt TV account; otherwise, follow the sign-up process provided below.
- Go to Trakt TV sign-up page trakt.tv/auth/join on your phone or computer browser.
- In the Sign-Up form, enter your desired Email Address, Username, and Password.
- You will receive a confirmation message at the email address provided by you.
- Open that email message and click CONFIRM ACCOUNT button.
- Your new Trakt TV account is now active.
- You can then sign in to your Trakt TV account and personalize your profile by following the on-screen prompts.
Now that you have successfully signed up for the Trakt TV account, you can proceed with the activation instructions provided below.
Guide to Install & Activate Trakt TV on Kodi App
As Trakt is available in the official Kodi Add-on Repository, you are not required to enable the “Unknown Sources” feature to set up Trakt on Kodi. The following steps will help you to quickly install Trakt on Kodi.
Install Kodi App
- Open the Kodi player app on your streaming device.
- Go to the Kodi app home screen.
- Press the Add-ons button from the left-hand side panel.
- On the next screen, tap on Package Installer (an open box icon) located near the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Next, select Install from repository from the menu.
- Then, tap the Kodi: Add-on repository option.
- Now, open the Program add-ons folder and scroll down to choose the Trakt option.
- Tap the Install button located at the lower-right corner on the next screen.
- Click OK if a pop-up appears on your screen.
- After installation, you will see a Trakt Add-on Installed message.
- To find the Trakt add-on in Kodi, go to Kodi Home screen > Add-ons > Program Add-ons.
Activate Trakt TV on Kodi via trakt.tv/activate
After installing the Trakt TV on Kodi, you must follow the activation process. The following activation process requires you to authorize Trakt on Kodi in two phases.
- First, activate the Trakt add-on on Kodi.
- Second, authorize Trakt for each add-on individually.
Configuring Trakt Add-On On Kodi
- Navigate to Add-ons > My Add-ons from your Kodi home screen.
- Next, select the Program add-ons option.
- Then, select the Trakt option.
- Tap the Configure button located at the bottom. Doing so will display a Settings – Trakt pop-up.
- In the pop-up, go to the General tab and select How do I authorize the Trakct add-on to access my trakt.tv account?.
- An 8-digit alpha-numeric code and an activation link will display on your screen. You can also scan the QR code for authorization.
- Now, open a browser on the second device and visit trakt.tv/activate.
- Sign in to your Trakt account if you are not already logged in, enter the code in the provided field, and click the CONTINUE button.
- Then, select the YES button for the prompt that reads – Allow Trakt for Kodi to use your account.
- The Trakt TV add-on is now active on Kodi.
Authorize Trakt Individually on Each Kodi add-on like Exodus
Before following the authorization steps provided below, make sure you have Trakt compatible Kodi add-on like Exodus. To know how to authorize Trakt on Kodi add-on, follow these steps:
- From the home screen of Kodi, move to Add-ons > My add-ons.
- Next, select Video add-ons to get the list of all video add-ons.
- Here, select the Exodus add-on.
- On the next screen, click Configure (at the bottom) and then Accounts option (left-panel).
- Then, select the “Authorization…” option in the Trakt section.
- Your TV screen will display an activation link trakt.tv/activate and activation code.
- Now, open this link on your second device’s browser, submit the code in the provided field, and tap CONTINUE.
- After successful authorization, you will find your Trakt account name app appearing in the Trakt section (next to “Authorization…”).
How to Activate Trakt TV on Amazon Fire TV at trakt.tv/activate
- Go to the Find section on your Fire TV from the home screen.
- Search for the Trakt TV app and select it from the search results.
- Next, tap on the Get button to download and install the Trakt app on Fire TV.
- Once installed, tap Open to launch the Trakt TV app on Fire TV.
- You will see an alpha-numeric code and an activation link – trakt.tv/activate on your TV screen.
- Now, using a browser on another device, open this activation link.
- Sign in with your Trakt TV account credentials and enter the code.
- Then, tap the CONTINUE button and complete the on-screen prompts.
- The Trakt TV account is now linked to your Amazon Fire TV device.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use Trakt for free with a standard account. However, if you go for their VIP Membership, you will unlock more engaging features.
Unfortunately, Trakt does not stream any TV shows or movies. It only serves as a platform to easily find movies and TV shows on different streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, iTunes in more than 46 countries.
– Navigate to the Up next to watch section from the Dashboard.
– Select the Circle with a strike icon underneath the poster.
– Select the Yes, Hide it option, and you are done.
You can follow other members of the Trakt community easily. And, when they follow you back, you are considered friends. To follow a user:
– Go to the user’s profile page.
– Click the Follow button.
– If the user has a public profile, you can follow them immediately.
– However, if the user has a private profile, you will need to wait for approval.