If you are a gamer and love video games, you should install Twitch TV on your streaming device. This guide will help you install & activate Twitch TV at twitch.tv/activate on a wide range of devices.
Twitch, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. and operated by Twitch Interactive, is an American video live streaming service with more than 500 million viewers per month.
Twitch is the best live streaming video service for video games in the country. By 2022, Twitch flaunted more than 3 billion broadcasters monthly. In addition, it had over 40,000 partner channels as of Jan 2022.
Devices Supporting Twitch Streaming
- Nintendo Switch
- Android Devices
- Apple Devices
- Amazon Fire TV
Things Required for Activation
- Streaming device (Amazon Fire TV, Apple, and Android TV) or Gaming Console (Xbox, and, Playstation).
- High-speed internet connection.
- A second device (Smartphone, Computer, Laptop, or Tablet).
- Twitch account.
How to Create a Twitch Account?
To activate the Twitch app on desired streaming device/gaming console, you must have a Twitch account. If you are yet to register for a Twitch account, you can follow the below steps.
- Open www.twitch.tv on your phone/pc browser.
- Click the Sign-Up button provided on the top-right corner.
- In the Sign-Up form, enter your Username, Password, Date of Birth, and Phone Number (or Email Address).
- Next, click on the Sign Up button and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the sign-up process.
- Your Twitch account is now active.
Once you have created your Twitch account, you will need to install the app (from the respective application store) and activate it at Twotch.tv/activate.
How to Download and Install Twitch App on Streaming Device
Amazon Fire TV
- Go to the Find section of your Fire TV.
- Look for the Twitch app in the Find section and select it.
- Next, tap the Get button to download and install the app.
- Once the installation completes, tap the Open option.
- Then, select Sign In to see the activation code & activation URL – twitch.tv/activate.
- Keep the screen open once you have the code and proceed with the activation steps.
- Open the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for the Twitch TV app and select it from the search results.
- Tap the Get button to install the app on your Apple TV.
- When installed, select Open to launch the app.
- On the next screen, tap on the Sign In option.
- You will see a unique code and instructions to activate your device.
- While keeping this screen as it is, follow the step provided for activation below.
- Go to the Apps section on your Android TV and select the Google Play Store app.
- Use the Search option to locate the Twitch app.
- Once found, tap the Install button.
- Wait until the installation completes.
- After installation, press Open to launch the Twitch app on Android TV.
- Tap the Sign In option on the app’s welcome screen.
- Your TV screen will display a one-time code and activation URL – twitch.tv/activate.
- Now, leave this screen active and pursue the activation steps prescribed ahead.
Xbox (Xbox X, Xbox One or Xbox 360)
- Go to the Xbox dashboard and navigate to the Microsoft Store section.
- Next, go to the Apps section and search for the Twitch app.
- Once you find the app, install it by following the on-screen prompts.
- Next, launch the app and tap on the Sign In option.
- A one-time registration code, activation URL, and activation instructions will display on the screen.
- Ensure that you don’t close this screen until you are done with the activation process suggested below.
PlayStation (PS4 or PS5)
- Turn on your PlayStation and go to the PlayStation Store.
- Search for the Twitch TV app and install the same.
- Launch the app post-installation and click the Sign In option.
- Your gaming console screen will provide you with an authentication code & activation link along with instructions.
- Keep this screen alive and follow the steps provided under the activation process.
Enter Code at twitch.tv/activate to Activate Twitch TV
Considering that the screen of your streaming device/gaming console displaying the code is active, you can proceed with these activation instructions.
- Using a browser on your computer or mobile device, open the activation link – twitch.tv/activate.
- Next, enter the activation code in the provided field and click Activate.
- If prompted, sign in to your Twitch account on the next screen and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- Your Twitch TV account is now linked to your desired streaming device/gaming console.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any content or activity that encourages or facilitates harassment, violence, discrimination, objectification, denigration on the following characteristics is considered Hateful Conduct.
– Race, ethnicity, or national origin
– Physical Characteristics
– Sex, Gender, or Gender Identity
– Veteran Status
– Sexual Orientation
– Disability or Medical Condition
As Twitch does not offer appropriate tools for viewers to restrict their exposure to mature content (including nudity), artistic and educational nudity streaming is not allowed.
You can stream creative activities like body painting and dancing that do not violate Twitch policies.
It is the complete responsibility of the content creator to ensure that anything shared on their account is being followed strictly as per Twitch’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. So, your account could be suspended even though you accidentally showed sexually explicit content.