Vimeo is a video sharing, hosting, and services platform known for operating on an advertisement-free basis and derives its revenue by offering subscription plans for businesses and video content producers, as well as providing Software as a service (SaaS) through video creation, editing, and enterprise software solutions, broadcasting tools, and as a means for video professionals to connect with clients and fellow professionals.
Vimeo is appreciated worldwide for offering HD Video across a variety of devices. As users in today’s time prefer to access such video hosting services and other streaming services through devices like Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku Player, etc., you can also access Vimeo through these streaming devices.
What is vimeo.com/activate code?
To make sure the activation process is successful and you don’t run into any issues, you are going need to the vimeo.com/activate code. Here’s how you can fetch the Activation Code.
- Turn on your streaming device.
- Access the home screen.
- Navigate to the application store and install the app on the device.
- Launch the app.
- You will be prompted to enter the sign-in details.
- The device will fetch you a vimeo.com/activate code.
- This is a unique code and needs to be saved for future use.
To access Vimeo on a streaming device, you will first need to activate it at vimeo.com/activate. To know how to activate Vimeo at vimeo.com/activate for various streaming devices, follow the information provided below.
Guide to Activate Vimeo at vimeo.com/activate
Activating Vimeo on Roku
- Turn on your Roku device and sign in to your Roku account. Once you are logged into your Roku account, you will need to navigate to the home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
- Once you are on the home screen, you will need to scroll down to select the Streaming Channels option and get to the Roku Channel Store.
- In the Roku channel store, you will need to go to the Rent or Buy Movies | Apps category and look for the Vimeo app. Alternatively, you can also use the search option to find the Vimeo app. Just enter Vimeo in the search field, and tap on the search icon. From the search result, select the Vimeo app.
- Once you are on the preview page of the Vimeo application, you will need to select the Add Channel Then, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
- After you are done installing the Vimeo app on your Roku device, you will need to return to the home screen and open the Vimeo app.
- As the Vimeo app will launch on your screen, you will be prompted to sign in to the app. Enter log-in credentials in the provided field and press the sign-in option. Once you will be logged into the app, you will be provided the activation code.
- Now, you will need to open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and enter vimeo.com/activate in the address bar. This will take you to the Vimeo activation page.
- On the activation page, you will first need to sign in to your Vimeo account by entering the email address and password in the provided field.
- Once you are logged into your Vimeo account, you will need to enter the activation code in the provided field and press the Connect device
- Then, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process and be able to watch Vimeo using your Roku device.
For Apple TV
- Turn on your Apple TV and go to the App Store. In the App Store, you will need to look for the Vimeo app using the search option. Enter Vimeo in the search field and press the search icon. From the search result, select the Vimeo app to get to its preview page.
- From the preview page, you will need to select the option to download and install the application on your Apple Tv.
- Once you have installed the app on your device, go to the home screen and open the Vimeo app.
- If prompted to sign in, you will need to log in using the credentials to get the activation code.
- Once you have the activation code, you will need to launch a web browser on your phone or computer and open the Vimeo activation page (vimeo.com/activate).
- Once you are on the activation page, you will first need to sign in to your Vimeo account, enter the activation code in the provided field, and press the Connect Device.
- After that, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Activating Vimeo on Amazon Fire TV
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV and make sure it is connected to your internet network.
- Next, you will need to navigate to the Apps section and look for the Vimeo application using the search option.
- Once you find the Vimeo app, you will need to go to its preview page and install the application to your Fire TV.
- Once the app gets installed on your Fire TV, you will need to go to the home screen and launch the Vimeo application.
- Next, you will need to select the login option in the app; this will provide an activation code on your screen.
- Now, using a separate phone, tablet, or computer, go to vimeo.com/activate You will be directed to the Vimeo activation page.
- On the activation page, you will need to enter the email address and password in the provided field to sign in to your Vimeo account.
- Once you are logged into your Vimeo account, you will need to enter the activation code in the provided field and press the Connect device Your Vimeo app will then be accessible on your Amazon Fire TV.
Guide to Activate Vimeo on Samsung TV
The official Vimeo app is compatible with Samsung TV. To install the app and activate the service on your Samsung Smart TV, here are the best steps to follow.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Access “Smart Hub”.
- Look for the Vimeo app using the virtual keyboard.
- Download the app on your device.
- Launch it and log into the app.
- Enter the credentials to receive a unique Activation Code.
- Leave the screen visible for the rest of the activation process.
- Also, note down the official activation page.
- Access the page – vimeo.com/activate – on a separate device.
- If you aren’t logged in already, enter the details to sign in.
- Now, enter the activation code displayed on the TV screen.
- Click “Connect device”.
- You will see a success message. The TV app will reload.
You are now ready to stream your favorite videos on Samsung Smart TV.
vimeo.com/activate Not Working; Troubleshooting Tips
Wondering what went wrong? Here are the top troubleshooting tips that you may like to try to fix the issue.
- Delete Browser Cookies and Cache Files: Are you using a vimeo.com/activate supported browser? You need to check that first. If you are using a compatible browser, consider deleting cache files.
- Use Vimeo App Activation Code Timely: After receiving the activation code from the TV screen, you need to use it immediately. If you delay entering the code, it might get expired, and the activation process would fail.
- Work on the Internet Speed: Unless your Internet speed is great, you are likely to receive an error. Also, you need to confirm that both Samsung Smart TV and the computer use the same Internet connection.
Check these important points to fix the issue.
Vimeo Activate Something Went Wrong – How to Fix
One of the leading video hosting, services, and sharing platform, Vimeo has garnered more than 1.6 million subscribers and over 200 million users on its site.
It aims to provide the highest quality video content across a wide range of devices, including the iOS app, the Android app, the Roku channel, the Fire TV app, the Xbox app, the Samsung TV app, and more.
If you have installed the app and used the activation code on the activation page, your device should stream the Vimeo content smoothly.
There are, however, times when you run into an error and keep wondering what went wrong while activating the Vimeo app.
If you have a similar experience and want to troubleshoot the “Vimeo activate something went wrong” issue, this guide is for you.
What Is the Correct Step to Activate Vimeo on Your Smart TV?
Do you want to use Vimeo on a smart TV? Here are the correct steps to activate the Vimeo app on your TV.
- Turn on your device and install the Vimeo app using the virtual keyboard.
- Once the app is installed, enter the sign-in details, and click “SIGN IN”.
- You will get an Activation Code on the screen.
- Visit the activation page on another device (connected to the same Wi-Fi network).
- Enter the code that you received on the TV screen and click “Activate”.
The TV screen will load, and you are all set to stream your favorite videos.
These are the universal steps and can never go wrong when you follow them meticulously.
Troubleshooting Tips for “Vimeo Activate Something Went Wrong”
Since you ran into some errors and the activation process failed miserably, you may consider the following troubleshooting tips.
- Unsupported Device: One of the primary reasons why you couldn’t activate the Vimeo app in a hassle-free way would be your unsupported device. Vimeo doesn’t support all the streaming devices or smart TVs. Even if you use one of the supported devices like Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, etc., you will have to ensure that the streaming platform is upgraded to the latest version.
- When You Watch FREE: Yes, you can watch Vimeo content without paying a penny. How? It is because Vimeo has a basic plan, free membership. When you watch the videos for free, Vimeo limits you to 500MB of storage per week. You won’t be able to access more content if you exhaust your limited storage. If you wish to continue, you will have to upgrade your plan.
- Vimeo App Stops Working: Many Roku users have reported that the Vimeo app is not working on their platforms. Either the users have experienced sign-in errors or problems with the code. If this has ever happened to you, make sure that you download the latest version of the app. And talking about the code, you need to enter it without making any delay. Some of the troubleshooting tips to fix the “app not working” issue include restarting the system, deleting and reinstalling the app, regenerating the code, using a compatible browser, deleting cookies and cache files, etc.
If the problem persists, you may like to contact the app developer.
How to Contact Vimeo Customer Support?
To avail of instant customer support, you may like to navigate to the authorized support page. You will go through the popular articles that have the appropriate solutions to your queries.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate Vimeo at vimeo.com/activate for different streaming devices.