If you had always wanted to stream the best of MTV shows and music-related programs, here’s your chance.
In this blog, you will learn complete steps to activate the Music Television (MTV) channel and then start streaming all your favorite shows and programs.
Let’s dive deep and equip with the procedure to activate the MTV channel at www.mtv.com/activate.
An American cable TV channel launched in 1981, MTV “serves as the flagship property of the ViacomBS Domestic Media Networks division of ViacomCBS”.
It has spawned several sister channels in America, with more than 90 million American households as of January 2016.
The Music Television has expanded over the years, covering a wide range of genres and formats – not just music videos and VJ-guided programming but also programs aimed at young adults and adolescents.
Most Popular MTV Programs That Will Thrill You
Although MTV predominantly aired music programs presented by TV personalities, it expanded and started airing various TV genres such as reality shows, animations, sitcoms, documentaries, game shows, and dating programs.
Some of the outstanding MTV programs that you will fall in love with are – The Real World, Beavis and Butt-head, Daria, Total Request Live, Jackass, The Osbournes, Punk’d, Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County, The Hills, Jersey Shore, Teen Wolf, and more.
To name the most original TV shows, which have ultimately become massive hits – Remote Control, Awkward, Rob & Big, True Life, Teen Wolf, Headbangers Bali, Viva La Bam, TRL, Ridiculousness, Liquid Television, Singled Out, Pimp My Ride, Celebrity Deathmatch, and MTV Unplugged.
Can’t wait to watch your favorite MTV originals? Go ahead and check the steps to activate the MTV app on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Xbox, and Chromecast.
Ultimate Guide to Activate MTV on Roku using mtv.com/activate
People who have Roku streaming devices at home cannot be deprived of watching their favorite MTV shows.
All they have to do is to access the MTV app on the device, visit the official link www.mtv.com/activate, and complete the process.
Only make sure you have a strong Internet connection. Let’s unearth the step-by-step process.
- Turn on your Roku device and connect it to the TV. Both the devices should be connected to a high-speed Internet connection.
- Go to the Home screen of Roku using the Roku remote.
- Scroll and select the option “Streaming Channels”. This will take you to the Channel Store where you will need to search for the MTV app.
- Get the channel on your Streaming media player.
- Now, launch the app to receive a unique activation code on the TV screen.
- Note down the code and start a browser on your computer or smartphone. Navigate to the official link – mtv.com/activate and enter the activation code.
- Click on the “CONTINUE” button.
- You will get a successful message on the screen.
- This means your device is ready to stream all the exhilarating music videos and series right on your TV screen.
Guide to Activate MTV on Apple TV using mtv.com/activate
Apple TV users, too, get to stream their favorite videos and music programs of MTV when they follow a simple method. Want to know? Here’s how to activate the MTV channel on Apple TV –
- Switch on your Apple TV and go to the App Store to download the MTV app.
- After installing, launch the app.
- If prompted, log in with the MTV account credentials. This will bring you a unique activation code on the screen.
- Take note of it and start mtv.com/activate on your favorite web browser.
- Enter the already received code in the desired field and click on the “CONTINUE” button.
If you are asked to choose your TV provider, you can select the same and log in with the TV provider’s credentials. This will help you complete the process.
How to Activate the MTV App on Amazon Fire Stick using Link – mtv.com/activate?
Don’t have a Roku or an Apple TV? No worries! You can activate the MTV channel on your Amazon Fire Stick at mtv.com/activate and start accessing your favorite music content.
- Start your Amazon Fire Stick device and go to the search menu where you need to look for the MTV app from the app store.
- Get the app and install it on the device.
- Then, you will have to launch the app, choose your TV provider, and you will receive an activation code.
- Remember the unique code and go to mtv.com/activate on your computer or mobile phone.
- It will prompt you to enter the activation code.
- Click on the CONTINUE button.
If prompted, sign in to your MTV account with your TV provider credentials to complete the process without any issue.
Similarly, you can activate the MTV app on Xbox, Android TV, and other compatible devices to stream your favorite video content.
The steps will, more or less, be the same with minimal variations – depending on the type of your device. You may also contact professionals in case you need any assistance for immediate resolution.
Suggest Read – Activate Pandora on Roku