You have got your new Xfinity Mobile. It is time to power it with the country’s most reliable network. When you wish to do so, you must activate it by accessing the authorized link at xfinitymobile.com/activate.
The online activation process is easy and straightforward. Let’s elaborate on the Xfinity Mobile activation process.
Activate New Xfinity Mobile at xfinitymobile.com/activate
To begin with, you need to unbox your new Xfinity device and get everything ready –
- new Xfinity Mobile
- SIM card
- other accessories.
Ensure that your new device is turned off. You need to keep it off to activate it at xfinitymobile.com/activate.
#1 Step: You need to insert the new SIM card into your new smartphone. (If you wish to continue with your old phone, simply eject the old SIM card and replace the same with the new one.
Just like Android smartphones that have SIM cards come pre-installed, Xfinity Mobile, too, makes the process quite simpler.
It never mixes up your SIM card with others – although you are activating phones for other members of your family. Each SIM will have its label and its corresponding device.)
#2 Step: Navigate to the authorized web portal – xfinitymobile.com/activate. Here, you need to log in using your Xfinity credentials. (If you don’t have an account with Xfinity, create one. You can select the phone you would like to activate.)
You will be prompted to render details like your PIN and account number from your previous carrier to transfer your current phone number.
Don’t find these details? Check your past bills or just call your previous carrier for help.
Choose “I want a new number” if you want one. Xfinity Mobile will get you one as soon as your new phone is activated.
#3 Step: Your device is ready, and you need to press the “Activate!” button. As soon as you click on the Activate button, within a few minutes, it should be ready.
You will be sent a confirmation email. If you requested a new number, the confirmation email would have it, too.
Your phone should be kept in switched-off mode. Now, you can turn it on and enjoy the best connection wherever you go.
Important Things Xfinity Would Need before Starting the Process
Before jumping onto the activation steps, Xfinity would want a few details from your previous carrier if you want a hassle-free transfer. The details are as follows –
- Copy of your bill
- Account PIN (if you don’t have it, contact your previous carrier immediately.)
- iPhone users can insert the SIM on their own. If activating multiple iPhones, pay utmost attention to your SIM cards as each SIM card is uniquely linked with specific phones. Xfinity will label each SIM for you.
- Keep your old as well as the new phones close by if transferring a number from a previous carrier.
At any point, if you run into some technical issues and couldn’t carry out the tasks easily, the technical support team available at xfinitymobile.com/support will resolve it instantaneously.
The support page answers almost all your issues and queries. You will come across support articles on “How do I activate my phone?”, “How do I return or exchange my device and accessories?”, “What should I do if I can’t log into my Xfinity Mobile Account?”, and more.
The support articles provide ample information about “Getting Started”, “Account”, “Plan & Billing”, “Device”, and “Coverage & Network”.
Also, you can seek help on the Xfinity Mobile App.
Having trouble setting up? Here’s What You Need to Do
iPhone users are advised to refer to the following steps if they are having trouble setting up their phones.
- When activating your phone, choose “Set Up Over Wi-Fi” (Not “Set Up Over Cellular”).
- Your iPhone is now activated. If you can’t use it, you need to confirm whether you see the “Xfinity Mobile” option. If you don’t see it on the top of the home screen, you need to –
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Navigate to “Settings”.
- Select “General” > “About”.
- You will see the Carrier Settings Update prompt. Click “Update”.
You should now be able to fix the problem.
Can’t log into your Xfinity Mobile account? Don’t know the Xfinity credentials? You need to check this to recover your Xfinity username and password page.
If you remember your Social Security Number, Email Address, or Phone Number, you are in business. After entering the details, click on the Continue button. You can now access your account.
How to Activate Apple Watch on Xfinity Mobile?
Got a new Apple Watch? Maybe, you already have one and want to activate it on your Xfinity Mobile? Well, you can do that.
The entire activation will not be more than 90 minutes. It involves pairing Bluetooth, downloading the app, and setting up the cellular.
Before you begin the activation process, ensure your Apple device meets the following requirements –
- Wi-Fi connection
- Bluetooth setting turned on
- An Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Series SE (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular), or Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular)
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular), and Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular) require an iPhone 6S or higher with iOS 13 or higher
- Apple Watch Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) or Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) and iPhone 6 or later with iOS 12.3 or later
Now, you need to pair your devices – the iPhone and Apple Watch. During the pairing process, both the devices should be located close to each other.
- On your iPhone, go to the “Watch” app.
- Begin the pairing process by tapping the “Start Pairing” button.
- You should see “Your Apple Watch is Paired”.
- Once done, tap the “Set Up as New Apple Watch” option. (If this is the first time you are setting up the watch. If it has already been set up before, just tap the option “Restore from Backup”.)
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter your Apple ID and Password when asked.
- You will be able to complete the pairing process.
You can then begin the cellular activation process. To do that, you must tap the “OK” button once the devices are paired. Tap “Set Up Cellular” and follow the steps mentioned below.
#Step 1 – Begin Activation: Click “Get Started”.
#Step 2 – Accept Terms & Conditions: For your Apple Watch plan, you need to review the terms and conditions. Click the “Accept” button to continue.
#Step 3 – Provide Emergency Address: Yes, an emergency address is required in case something goes wrong. So, you have to enter an address. Click the “Save Address” option to continue.
#Step 4 – Complete Activation: It might take some time to add a line to your account. Be patient until the activation process is complete. Make sure you are not closing out of it early. Doing this would result in failed activation. A confirmation message will be sent to your Apple Watch.
Did you face any problems while carrying out the task? You may like to take a screenshot of the issue and contact professionals.
Xfinity Mobile Activate Unlocked Phone
Got a phone? Want to bring it to life on Xfinity Mobile? Great! Here’s how you can do that.
Before you begin the activation process, ensure you have Xfinity Mobile My Account details. This would come in handy whether you have a new number or transferring a number from your previous carrier.
- Begin the activation process by visiting your Xfinity Mobile My Account or click here.
- You will need to enter the details – Email, Mobile, or Username, and Xfinity Password.
- Click the “Sign In” button.
- From “Devices”, you will have to choose a phone that you want to activate.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Before you could jump over to the above-mentioned steps, you must be ready with the details (your account PIN and a copy of your bill) of your previous carrier. If you don’t know the 4-digit PIN, don’t hesitate to contact your carrier. They should definitely help you.
Xfinity Mobile Activate Not Working – Troubleshooting Tips
Although the activation process is supposed to be smooth and hassle-free, you might run into some errors. In those cases, you will have to check the following troubleshooting tips to get rid of the errors.
- When activating your device – iPhone or iPad, select “Set Up Over WiFi”. (Don’t select “Set Up Over Cellular”.)
- Once the activation process is over, “Xfinity Mobile” should appear on the top left of the home screen. Don’t find it on the top left of the home screen? Here’s what you should do –
- Make sure you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Go to “Settings” on your phone and select the “General” option.
- You will have to select “About” and wait for a prompt to appear.
- When you see the “Carrier Settings Update” option or prompt, tap the “Update” option.
It should fix the ongoing issues.
If the error is something else, you will just have to restart your phone. Resort to the chat option if the problem persists.
Xfinity Mobile Activate BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
You can always bring your phone and activate it on Xfinity Mobile. You can get a new number and complete the process within 20-25 minutes. Once you have got your device activated, Xfinity will send you an email.
Here’s how you can complete the Xfinity Mobile activate BYOD process.
- #Step 1 – Pre-Activation Checklist: Take a look at the pre-activation checklist.
- You must know your Google account credentials or Apple ID.
- Make sure your phone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Keep information of your previous carrier like a recent bill. It will come in handy while transferring the number.
- Also, download voicemails if any.
- #Step 2 – Transfer Your Number: Complete the phone number transfer at this stage. You will need to use the phone bill of your previous carrier and billing address. Select the option that says “I want a new number” if you want a new number.
- #Step 3 – Activate SIM Card: Click the “Activate SIM” option and wait. You will receive a confirmation email from Xfinity once the process is over.
- #Step 4 – Insert New SIM Card: You are almost all set to insert the new number. Make no mistakes while inserting the new SIM card.
Can I Activate Xfinity Mobile Online?
Yes, you can activate your new Xfinity Mobile phone online. The process is easy and hassle-free. It can also be done in just three simple steps.
#Step 1 – Unbox Your New Device and SIM Card:
Begin the activation process by unboxing your new device. You will get your Xfinity Mobile SIM card, phone, charger, and accessories.
Check everything that you have ordered. Keep your phone in switched off mode. Next, take out the SIM card and insert it into your new phone.
#Step 2 – Access xfinitymobile.com/activate:
Open your computer and navigate to xfinitymobile.com/activate. Create an account if you don’t have one or just log in. Next, you will have to choose the device that you want to activate.
#Step 3 – Now Activate:
You are on the verge of the process. In the third stage, you will click the “Activate!” option.
It would hardly take 10 minutes. Your phone would be ready once you receive a confirmation email from Xfinity Mobile.
Now, turn on your device and you are all set to experience the country’s largest network. If you need any assistance, visit the support page of Xfinity Mobile.