YouTube, an American online video-sharing platform, is doubtlessly the most-watched video streaming platform that lets people watch their favorite videos from various corners of the world.
From toddlers to grown-ups, people from different age groups get an opportunity to showcase their talent to the world. Also, many independent and big companies prefer YouTube more than any other platform to reach their audience.
Keeping the massive popularity of YouTube, all major streaming platforms have a dedicated YouTube app. So, to watch YouTube on your streaming device, i.e., Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android, etc., you need to install the YouTube app and activate it at youtube.com/activate.
List of Supported Devices
- Amazon Fire TV Stick and Smart TVs
- Android TV
- Roku Players & TVs
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Vizio SmartCast Models
- LG Smart TVs
- Google Next Hub
- Android Phones & Tablets
- iOS (iPhones & iPads)
Prerequisites for Activating YouTube
- Streaming Device or Smart TV.
- High-speed internet connection.
- A smartphone, tablet, PC, or laptop.
- YouTube account. (Google account)
How to Create a YouTube Account?
- Go to the Google Sign-Up page accounts.google.com/signup on a web browser.
- Enter your first name, last name, username, and password.
- Click Next and enter your phone number, recovery email address (optional), date of birth, and gender information.
- Then, click the Next button.
- After that, verify your phone number and follow the remaining on-screen prompts.
- Your Google account will be created (including your YouTube account).
If you already have a YouTube account, you can skip the sign-up process and follow the below-mentioned activation instructions. The following steps will guide you on:
- How to download and install the YouTube app on a streaming device?
- How to activate the YouTube app at youtube.com/activate.
How to Download & Install YouTube App on Streaming Device
On Amazon Fire TV
- Open your Fire TV home screen and select the Find option.
- In the search field, type YouTube using the virtual keypad.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Tap the Get button to download and install the YouTube app on Fire TV.
- Once installation completes, tap Open to launch the app.
- You will see a link code along with an activation link – youtube.com/activate.
- Now proceed with the activation process.
- Navigate to Streaming Channels > Search from your Roku device home menu.
- In the search field, type YouTube and select the app from search results.
- Select +Add channel button to install the YouTube app on Roku.
- After installation, tap Go to channel.
- A one-time code and activation URL will display on your screen.
- Keep this screen as it is and follow the activation process provided below.
On Apple TV
- Launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for the YouTube app in the App Store.
- Once found, select the app and press the Get button.
- Wait for the installation to get completed.
- Now, tap Open to launch the YouTube app on Apple TV.
- Your TV screen will show a unique code and activation link – youtube.com/activate.
- Follow the instructions provided below to activate your device.
On Android TV
- Go to Apps > Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- In the Play Store, search for the YouTube app.
- Select the app from the search results and press the Install button.
- After installation, press the Open button to launch the app.
- You will see an authentication code and activation link on your Android TV screen.
- Now follow the activation instructions suggested below.
How to Activate YouTube App at youtube.com/activate?
- Open a browser on your computer or phone.
- Visit youtube.com/activate.
- Enter the code displayed on your streaming device and tap the Next button
- Login to your Google account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- Your YouTube app is now active on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
– Check your internet connection and fix issues with it (if any).
– Ensure your internet bandwidth is sufficient to play videos in the desired quality.
– Avoid using multiple devices to access the internet simultaneously.
– Reboot your modem/router and then access the YouTube app.
– Clear the YouTube app cache.
Although you can’t skip some ads, you can always change the type of ads you see by making changes in the Google Ad Settings. You can also purchase the YouTube premium subscription for an ad-free experience.
You can cancel a YouTube paid membership whenever you wish to. Once you cancel the membership, you will not be charged again, and your premium subscription benefits will be applicable till the end of the billing cycle.
– Open the Username recovery page – accounts.google.com/signin/usernamerecovery.
– Enter your phone number or recovery email and click Next.
– Type your first & last name and click Next
– Now Google will send a 6-digit verification code to your phone number or recovery email.
– Enter the code in the given field and click Next.
– After successful verification, you will see your email address on the screen.
Open a browser on your computer or mobile device.
1. Log in to YouTube Studio – studio.youtube.com.
2. Select the Settings option from the left-sidebar.
3. Click the Remove YouTube Content option located at the bottom.
4. Press the “I want to hide my channel” option.
5. Then, select the checkboxes to confirm that your channel remains hidden.
6. After that, tap Hide my channel.
You can watch Vlog, Tutorial/ How to, Live Streaming, Product Reviews, Webinar, Interviews, Q&A, Events, Presentation, Brand Film, Animation, etc., on the YouTube app.